Business Valuation and Filing Services
Eqvista offers businesses different valuation and other IRS filing services. Want to explore more?
For owners of closely held businesses, a proper valuation and filing is a vital tool for evaluating future growth prospects and preparing for a possible transition. For strategic decision-making, we provide the opportunity to track performance in terms of the expected change in value, rather than revenue. As a result, you’ll have more influence in business negotiations and be able to project your company’s future growth more accurately.
Business Valuation & Filing – Overview
When conducting business, anybody would definitely be required to analyze the company’s management and capital structure, its future earnings prospects, and the market worth of its assets in order to assess the sale value, establish the ownership of partners, taxation, and even divorce processes.
Why is it important for businesses?
Valuations and filings are often required when donating or gifting company shares, resolving IRS or shareholder issues, or changing a C-corporation to an S-corporation. Also, these may be required as part of a buy/sell, partnership, or shareholder agreement and when attempting to attract strategic capital or secure a Small Business Administration (SBA) loan.
In order to implement an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), an initial and yearly value is undoubtedly essential where it is also possible to determine a company’s market worth. Hence both filing and valuation are of utmost necessity.
Challenges businesses face while managing these services
Always seek professionals for valuation and filing, as the challenges and consequences one would face out of these are quite frustrating. They involve a complex process with time consuming procedure, also if not done on time the penalties from IRS are risky to face ahead. So, with appropriate guidance and experience this can be done precisely.
How can Eqvista Help You?
At Eqvista, we have a well-versed team of valuation experts who know the ins and outs of each industry and use that knowledge to plan a thorough approach to the challenge. We provide company valuation services to companies of all sizes, from start-ups to multinationals, and to all of their clients in the major industries. Get business valuation services and IRS filing services from us:
- One-stop solution for all your business valuation and IRS filing services
- Expert and certified professionals
- Provides top-notch customer service
- Offers customized and affordable pricing plans for each service (valuation/filing)
- Trusted by more than 6,000 companies
Business Valuation Services We Offer
Our business valuation specialists can evaluate business interests, tangible assets, intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities, partnership interests, employee stock option plans (ESOPs), private loan instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products.
These services include mergers and acquisitions, tax planning and compliance, financial reporting, bankruptcy and reorganization, litigation and dispute resolution, and strategic planning. Our valuation services include:
- 409a Valuation – A 409A valuation is an appraisal of your firm to assess the value of its stock. This report is required by law for organizations who are going to pay employees deferred remuneration. A 409A valuation also informs investors and management about the company’s financial status. We do 409a valuation service and value it using the best methods.
- Investment (VC) Valuation – Our Investment Valuation services will assist businesses, particularly early-stage startups, in attracting additional investors by offering an in-depth VC valuation. This valuation will help you improve your pitch deck and determine the ownership proportion for investments.
- Software Valuation – Software, apps, and other digital items are intangible assets whose value is difficult to assess. You can justify the purchase or sale of software assets by determining their worth. In order to maximize your profit, you must set the proper price.
- Startup Valuation – Our startup valuation service estimates the value of pre-revenue and startup companies based on their tangible and intangible assets. We use 4 methods: Berkus method, scorecard method, risk factor method and VC (Venture Capital) method.
- Valuation for LLC to Corporation (Inc.) Conversion – To convert an LLC into a corporation, the fair market value of your company needs to be determined. We provide comprehensive and accurate valuations that help make the conversion process smoother.
- Transaction Analysis – We do also assist you in transaction analysis, our analysis includes:
- 280G Analysis (Golden Parachute) – 280G Analysis (Golden parachute) is about the analysis of severance pay that an employer promises to pay in the case of termination, mergers and acquisitions or other major change-in-control. We’ll examine every payment, including severance, incentive-based bonuses, stock options, pension benefit payouts, deferred compensation, as well as fringe benefits
- Waterfall Analysis – A ‘waterfall‘ chart is an analytical tool that visually shows the progressive breakdown of a starting value (for example, revenue) to a final outcome (for example, profit) by exhibiting intermediate values and ‘leakage’ points. Businesses can use this to track data at each step.
- Transaction Modeling – Transactional financial models are comprehensive models that enable your business to forecast future financial performance using a set of underlying assumptions. This enables us to identify the most competitive investor group.
- Investment Round Modeling (Dilution) – Round modeling is a financial method used to show investors and management how fresh investments affect the company’s cap table. This round modeling financial analysis includes a fresh option pool upon the new investment. This financial analysis may help the company decide on the timing and amount of fresh outside investor investments.
- Convertible Note Modeling – Convertible notes frequently have specific terms added based on the investor’s potential value. Additions to the convertible note might dilute your equity in the company, so choose wisely. Calculating convertible notes into stock ownership might be difficult. With our convertible note calculator, Eqvista can help.
- Option Pricing Modeling – Option pricing models determine the value of an options contract by taking into account the amount of variables contained within the underlying contract. A pricing model’s primary objective is to determine the probability that an option will be ‘in-the-money’ or ‘out-of-the-money’ when it is exercised.
- ESOP Plan & Executive equity advisory – Valuation for the ESOP Plan and Executive equity advisory is done at the time of award of options. With more organizations implementing ESOP Plans as a retention tool, ESOPs and executive equity have gained significant traction.
- DCF Modeling & Forecasting – A discounted cash flow (DCF) model is a type of a financial modeling tool that is used to determine the value of a business. The DCF model forecasts an organization’s unlevered free cash flow discounted to today’s value, referred to as the Net Present Value (NPV).
- Budget Forecasting (Bottom up & Top down approach) – We assist in a wide variety of tasks, including goal setting, budgeting, and forecasting. The top-down strategy begins with the general and works its way down to the specific, whereas the bottom-up approach begins with the specific and works its way up to the general.
Business Filing Services
Our corporate and company filing services ensure your entities are properly formed and listed. We provide business filing services that fulfill all standards. Our services include:
- ASC 718 reporting- Stock-Based Compensation Reporting – ASC 718 demands a complete accounting of stock-based compensation. The appropriate financial statements must be fully disclosed to determine the fair market value of the stock awards. The time it takes to prepare an expense report varies depending on the company’s size and complexity, but we never fail at the quality.
- File Form 8594 – When a business is sold, both the buyer and seller must be in need of filing form 8594 together with their individual income tax returns. The IRS uses this to categorize the proceeds from the sale of the business. We maintain track of your assets and file Form 8594 accurately.
- File Form 3921 – If an employee has used an ISO, filing form 3921 is necessary. It must be filed to notify the IRS about the exercise. To avoid complications, we help you file the form quickly and make the forms available to employees shortly after the year ends, rather than waiting until January 31st.
- File 83(b) Election – The 83(b) election is a provision of the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) that allows an employee or founder of a startup to deduct taxes on the full fair market value of the restricted stock at the time it is granted. By filing 83(b) elections under the right circumstances we result in tax savings.
Get Expert Assistance from Eqvista for all Your Business Valuation & Filing Need
Eqvista’s business valuation services are tailored to your specific needs and include complete customer support from NACVA-certified valuation analysts. The valuation process is simple and is completed in a prompt and professional manner. Contact us directly for additional details.