The competitive landscape has changed in recent years, and the way that startups raise funds has evolved with it. A pitch deck is a visual representation of the company’s story, which is used to convince potential investors that funding for their idea would be worthwhile. Pitch decks have been a standard feature in the startup funding process for a long time now, but investors have begun to change their tune. With advancements in technology, pitch decks now are not just simple documents anymore; various softwares have been developed to streamline the design and presentation process. This article serves to educate entrepreneurs on the concept of a pitch deck and lists some of the most popular softwares for creating it.
Pitch deck software and startups
Well, startups in their early stage often face a scarcity of resources, which in turn creates a need for startups to raise capital along the way. To seek capital, startups need to pitch their idea to potential investors, and a pitch deck serves to simplify the process. You may be wondering what does pitch deck software do? Basically, startup pitch deck software streamlines the process of creating a pitch deck. It goes through the entire process and helps you to create a visually appealing and professional pitch deck within a matter of minutes. Now, before we get into the software, it is important to understand what a pitch deck actually is.
What is a pitch deck?
A pitch deck is an executive summary of your company’s business model and how it works out in practice. It consists of several sections like your background, idea, customer/user story, solution/business model, revenue model and an impact on cost and revenue. A pitch deck is the first impression that a startup gives to its targeted investors. It is basically presented in a deck of slides, and its primary purpose is to take the investor through your company. The format is usually in the form of a slide presentation and is normally delivered via PowerPoint. However, with changing trends, startup entrepreneurs now use other types of pitch deck softwares to make it more visually appealing.
Why is having a pitch deck important for a startup?
By presenting a high-quality pitch deck, you allow the investor to visualize your idea and its potential clearly. It allows you to convey information easily in a clear and concise way for the investor. But why is pitch deck important? Here are a few advantages that a good pitch deck brings to a startup.
- You may have a solid business model, financial projections, and other insights about your project, but they are often hard to be conveyed by words alone. A good pitch deck helps you to simplify all of these aspects into a visual format, thereby presenting a better picture to the investor.
- Gaining the credibility and trust of an investor is a very crucial part of the startup funding process. This is where your pitch deck comes into play. A professionally designed and well-organized pitch deck allows you to build trust and confidence in your startup, which is essential for a successful funding round.
- A presentation is all about making your idea stand out. A pitch deck allows you to present your idea in a creative way. It is not merely about numbers and figures. It is about making an impact on the investor’s minds, which a good pitch deck can do by mixing statistics with visual aesthetics and animations. But what is pitch deck software?
What is a pitch deck software?
When you are building your pitch deck, the biggest challenge you will face is making it visually appealing. Why not use professional software to make it easy and effective? Pitch deck software allows you to create a high-quality pitch deck with features such as graphics, animations, and more that improve the overall quality of the presentation. With their built-in tools and functions, you can easily create a pitch deck for your business idea in no time. As a result, with the help of these softwares, you can easily transform your pitch deck into an engaging and enticing presentation. So, why do you need pitch deck software?
What is the importance of having a pitch deck software?
There is no denying that investors prefer high-quality pitch decks. With the help of pitch deck software, you can create a powerful and impactful presentation of your idea that can convince potential investors. Some of the benefits of using pitch deck software are listed below:
- Pitch deck software allows you to design a presentation that is visually appealing and engaging. It allows you to easily create a professional presentation that is aesthetically pleasing, with animations, graphs and more.
- Pitch deck software helps you to save time by eliminating the need for a manual design process. The software is equipped with a range of templates and designs from which you can choose the one that best represents your company.
- Pitch deck software allows you to maintain consistency in your pitch deck by keeping its design intact. This makes your pitch deck both easy on the eyes and professional-looking. Thus, improving the overall efficiency of your presentation.
How should you create your pitch deck in software for a better return?
As a startup, you need to present your idea in the most professional way possible to attract investors. Here are a few tips to follow while creating your pitch deck in software:
- Make it simple – In your pitch deck, you need to highlight the value proposition and concept of your business in the simplest way. Do not overcomplicate it by adding unnecessary details, and hence, make it on point and focus on the key areas. Therefore, you need to keep information brief and clear while maintaining the core essence of your idea.
- Keep it updated with the latest information – Since your pitch deck is supposed to be informative, it should contain the latest and most relevant information regarding the project, company, and its goals and target. Thus, make sure you are always on top of the latest news, trends and developments related to your business and industry.
- Make it unique and realistic – When creating a pitch deck, you need to ensure that it is unique and makes an impact on the minds of the investors. However, never exaggerate the information presented in the pitch deck. Be realistic with the numbers and figures, and hence, present a solid case to the investor.
- Explain a good story – The most important aspect of your presentation is how you explain the idea. Present your story in a logical, clear, and concise manner to help the investor visualize the idea. You need to make the presentation interesting and relatable so that it becomes an engaging experience for the investors.
Pitch deck software for startups
There are different types of pitch deck software’s that you can opt for. Depending on the needs of your business idea and the kind of information you want to showcase in your pitch deck, you need to select a suitable pitch deck software. Below mentioned are the top 10 pitch deck software for startups:
- Prezi – With more than 100 million users globally, Prezi is one of the most popular and affordable pitch deck software that offers an interactive design. The platform is equipped with a range of templates, themes and layer options. The software at Prezi is backed with motion, zoom, and spatial relationships that allow the users to present their information in an engaging way.
- Genially – If you are looking for free pitch deck software with easy-to-use features, you should opt for Genially. This presentation software, with more than 8 million users, allows you to create a professional presentation with built-in tools and functions such as infographics that are animated, multimedia e-learning materials, and other visually appealing content.
- Piktochart – No expertise in graphic designing? Well, Piktochart is the ideal choice for you. Piktochart is an online design tool and infographic maker that lets you create stunning visual presentations with ease. Trusted with over 11 million users worldwide, Piktochart is a quick, simple and easy-to-use platform.
- Slidebean – With its easy-to-use interface, Slidebean allows you to create a powerful pitch deck in a matter of minutes. The software comes loaded with ready-made templates and designs, making it easier for you to customize and create your own design.
- Powtoon – Powtoon is a free software with an elegant and interactive pitch deck that allows the users to present their business idea in a visually appealing manner. This cloud-based software is a beautiful, creative and interactive video animation platform with over 10 million members, and it allows you to create engaging animated videos easily.
- Visme – Are you looking for a simple yet powerful and interactive online presentation tool? Visme is your choice. It helps you create amazing presentations and infographics in a simple way. It has a drag-and-drop interface that allows you to design content easily without having any prior graphic design knowledge. With a family of 1.3 million users worldwide, Visme is an ideal choice.
- Haiku Deck – In the list of our recommendations for pitch deck software, Haiku Deck is another powerful choice. You can add custom text, audio, videos, and images to your presentation in a simple way. The 10 million users of Haiku Deck trust its built-in features that help you to present your information in a stunning way visually.
- FlippingBook – Do you want to convert your PDFs online into an interactive presentation? Well, this is possible with FlippingBook. By creating digital flipbooks, you can enhance your content with stunning effects, animations, and features. FlippingBook is free to use and has more than 6 million users globally.
- Apple Keynote – Apple Keynote is basically a counterpart of PowerPoint. It features a wide range of animations, transitions, and font styles for easy customization of your content. It provides users with a range of tools, themes, and presentation designs that allow you to create a professional pitch deck for your business.
- Easy To Pitch – They are one of the most rapidly growing and comprehensive pitching solutions. With a team of experts and a vast library of content, they are the perfect partner for any business owner looking to raise funds. Their platform is easy to use and intuitive, thereby creating a pitch deck that is professional, accurate and powerful.
Need help in securing funding for your startup?
If you are planning to raise funds for your startup, the pitchdeck alone may not be sufficient to convince investors. Getting your startup valued and knowing the exact worth of your startup is extremely crucial in the process of raising funds. However, startups generally have less or no financial data or metrics to support their valuation, thereby making it difficult for founders to value their startups. Well, don’t worry; Eqvista is here to help you! With our startup valuation calculator, you can easily assess your startup’s current value and know its worth. Simply answer 30 basic questions about your startup, and our valuation calculator will show you the estimated value. Isn’t it amazing? Register with Eqvista now to get accurate and fair valuation results in a few minutes.