Step 1: Log into your Eqvista account and choose the company profile that you want to issue the security from. Once you do this, you will be directed to the main dashboard page where you need to click on “Securities” from the left hand side panel. From this menu, click on “convertible instruments” as shown below.
Step 2: Once done, you will be directed to a new page.
Since there has been a convertible note that was issued before, you will be able to see its details here. On this page, click on the button that says “Issue Instrument” on the top right hand side.
Step 3: After this, you will be directed to another page where you will need to add in the details to setup and issue the SAFE.
Here, you will have to add in details as shared below in three different panels:
Issue Convertible Instrument: This is the first panel where you will see one field for choosing the name of the shareholder. Once you do this, three other fields will appear. They are:
- Instrument Holder: Select the name of the shareholder from the available list or create a new shareholder profile.Check out the support article here to add a shareholder.
- Convertible Note Name
- Issue Date
- Note Type: Here you will need to select the note type, which would be the Y Combinator SAFE. Once you select this option, two other panels will show up with one field in each.
Investment Funds: Once you add in the details of the Note Type, one field will appear for filling the principal amount, which is the amount that the company borrows from the security holder.
Conversion to Shares: This is the next panel also has one field first. Once you fill in the details of this field, the rest 4 appear:
- Converts to: This is the type of stock that the convertible note converts to. Choose from common or preferred shares.
- Conversion Trigger Amount: This is the minimum amount that will trigger the conversion rate.
- Valuation Cap: The maximum company valuation when converting the note to shares.
- Early Exit Multiple: This is the guaranteed multiplied of the principal paid out.
- Conversion Discount: This is the discount that is applied on the purchase of shares during the valuation of the company.
Fill in all the details based on your plan and click on “Submit”.
Step 4: After this, you will be directed to the page showing the details of this SAFE you just issued.
If you would like to edit the convertible note, click on “edit note”, as below:
Step 5: A pop-up window will appear where you can change the details you to about the SAFE security. Once you are done, click on “Save”.
Step 6: By selecting “Save”, you will be directed to the next page that shows the details of the SAFE as shown below.